#64 Hand in Heart


"Every dog has their day." (Alice Morgan Wilson)
I never really understood this quote from my mother until two, make that three things happen in my life recently:
1. I had more doctor appointments on my personal calendar than "Salsa Dance/dates.
2. The grocery bagger, a young man, looked through me--called me "Mam"--and offered to carry my grocery sack out for me, (I had one small bag).
3. I see all these wonderful springtime shoes, and a substantial orthopedic bill should I try to wear them. To make matters even worse I shop at a "feel good feet store"
It was the last awakening, #3, that made me think of my mom, who originally said today's quote. With sighed acceptance, remarked: "my feet hurt just looking at those shoes and yet I would so love to wear them again."
Who would think shoes could be so telling. I did not understand my mother when she would make these comments--and so many others "along the way." I do now...and try to pay attention to all the gifts she taught me. But those yellow and black polka dot ones seduce me with days gone bye...I think I will make an appointment with my orthopedic doc just for safety sake.
Which leads us back to #1 above!

Comments