# 59 SMUCKER'S

Many years ago when I was working at a shelter here in Omaha I gave a young woman, (so filled with promise and goodness), a very large jar of Smuckers Strawberry Jam. I did so because I was allergic to it and my husband, Paul, who has always been so generous to so many said; "why don't you give it away to someone at the Shelter." Great idea I thought and gave it to this young woman I had been working with. We all knew that she was not eating and giving her food to her four children. She was so thin and looked like she was not well. But her heart was so filled with tenderness for her young children. When I gave this small token to her she said in astonishment "Oh my GOD, we have never been able to afford Smuckers--and my children have always asked me to buy it. This will be the best Thanksgiving breakfast we will ever have--thank you!" As I blinked back my tears, I could hardly speak. I have never forgotten that woman. It is a story I hope I shall never forget. And so on this wonderful day of Gratitude, I wanted to share what a blessing you have all been in my life and thank you for making a difference within my own heart.

Comments