#15 One person...even in Cyberland can make a difference


I had not seen Marti in years, and when we reconnected a few months ago I felt GOD's generous nudge on my heart--allowing us back into each others lives. She has the most wonderful laugh, a great sense of humor, (she laughs at all my jokes which assumes a rare intelligence), and has shown great courage against such formidable foes--none of which I will name but surely would have disabled my own heart. I love and admire Marti and consider her a true friend--though I rarely see her. And so, as Paul Harvey says, page #2 Last week Marti came up to me after a meeting and stated that she enjoyed this blog that I try to write daily. She said kind words--words that meant a great deal to a fledgling blogger/writer--words of encouragement--and for Marti--words of love. Since I had not heard from too many people about my blog I sort of assumed that I was writing it mainly to GOD and that Russian Space Lab--and although that might be enough, well--it sort of left me wondering. Perhaps there are more exciting and spiritual things for me to do, like alphabetizing all my bathroom cleansers...but for Marti. So for the record...any sentiments that I write, convey, or are encouraging has Marti's name on it too. She was that "right person at that right time," that "GOD with skin on" as our chaplain Sister Elaine Herold is so fond of saying...that made a huge difference in my life...and is the reason that I am writing this to you and to her--TODAY. Accidental meeting after all these years...I don't think so. I think GOD does all he can to make each of us encourage each other in whatever sacred path we take; and once again I am so grateful. So, Thank you GOD, Thank you Marti, Thank you, Fine Russian Space Lab!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Don't feel lonely! You're talking with more than just GOD... I, also, read your posts! =)

Even though it may not seem like it, sometimes you feel like you are invisible, I believe you are always making a difference in someone's life. I'm trying to show a friend of mine that this is true. She doesn't know how much of an affect she has on people.

Thank you for you beautiful words of wisdom. It's nice to have something so hopeful an encouraging to read amongst the hordes of negative things one finds everyday.

Love,
~Fellow Aquarian, D~