#12 Jeremiah 29:11,13

One of the few Bible quotes I can actually live with and find peace in:
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord,...plans to give you hope and a future...You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
My only caveat to this quote is that I truly believe that one doesn't have to seek GOD with all one's heart. In Anne Lamott's book Traveling Mercies her invitation was something like:

Oh, what the hell, you've been skulking outside my houseboat for the past few months you might as well come in. (my paraphrase).
In my case, my invitation was much cruder, less kind and more confrontational. But it didn't matter to MY PAL--and it still doesn't. And that is why I am still breathing, have hope, (even when my depression tells me otherwise), and can see the trickster and playfulness in a HIGHER POWER who knows how to get my attention in the kindness, and most playfully embarrassing manner known.
The picture above is a pin that I scanned into my computer. It is an Alaskan Native American woman swinging her young child--with such glee. I loved it the first moment I saw it wishing fondly that I had had a parent who loved me that much to be silly with me.
But of course now I do...

Comments