INTRODUCTION: SPIRITUAL RECKONINGS

  
Many years ago while I was working as a chaplain at various institutions--a homeless shelter, a hospital for the mentally ill, working with families, both jails and prisons,  a Hazelden treatment facility and a half way house for women in recovery.  These experiences were over many years of my life;  I was blessed and changed by the individuals that I was privileged to work with; it changed both my patients, me and my life for the better. I began to write of my reckonings of a deeply spiritual nature in dealing with these deeply spiritual souls... as I said I was blessed.  I thought a lot about a lot of things at that period in my life so I decided to write them down... my "reckonings."  This was the beginning of my Blog: Spiritual Reckonings which can be found at the website---9,000 chances.blogspot.com. The 9000 chances refer to a comment I made to a former patient. He asked me how many chances do we get to get it right before God gives up on us. I replied: God gives us 9,000 chances--to get it right. He then asked what if we fail all 9000, and I stated with great glee...He gives us 9,000 more!!
 
And... so it goes. I have decided to publish this blog via social media, So I will be sending these pieces  to the people that I know that might be interested in reading such a journey  I don't know how to do this yet I've only had a smartphone since the first of the year... actually I had a dumb phone that worked pretty well for me, it seemed to equal my intelligence! But things being as they are and the memory of my Irish mother's lament, " you got to get ahead of the times..." Here we go! 
Do you hear me John Lortz?
Whenever and however I get this to you please send me a text or response or whatever if you would like me to send my blog and other items; all filled with grace, gentleness and great humor. This would include from time to time a contribution from a truly advanced spiritual being, Gary Larson!
 Just let me know.                Allison Wilson Scott  ❤️   







                   

Comments