#70 Further along a "Path" of Three Magical Words

After the "scrambling" I began to think who, what, where, how...with few answers in sight.  And certainly no laudable answer to the "WHY?"

I recently read that one who has cancer now has two lives.  The life before the cancer and the life after. 

 Initially I did not understand but I do now.  For after all the radiation and all the chemo and all the pokes, and grim comments and pitiful comments and comments which tend to ignore...one is left with their own silence.
and the HORRIBLE sounds of those machines making us think we are "being given a treatment" to make us well.
That terrible noise and we find ourselves alone, half-naked, strapped in with the "reassurance" of the techs; "we're leaving the room now...don't move...we'll be back.  Yea, Right!

Comments

HoodieFox said…
Grandma,

I read this a couple of weeks ago and was deeply touched. I was grateful that, as of right now, it didn't really apply to me... but perhaps it was an act from a higher power that I should pass it on to you.

http://www.pbs.org/thebuddha/blog/2010/Apr/5/fourth-noble-truth-suffering-resource-reginald-ray/

I hope that it will provide some comfort. YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Let me know if you ever need a shoulder to cry on.

~Danielle~