#40 from Life's Journeys According to Mister Rogers


For those of you who read my blog-- I have mentioned from time to time that my Higher Power has a lot of Mr. Rogers, Morgan Freeman, Dalai Lama, Dorothy Day and of course the Trinity in Her and Him. Today I came across this calendar reading from December 5--of many years ago. Its sentiment is timeless and it is by Mr. Rogers--who is also timeless.
Mr. Roger's quote is in purple. I could not cut and paste--so bear with my editorial in black--and view the real wisdom in purple!!
I did not understand this for years...and now bowing to others for me is as natural as breathing; and for this I am so grateful for that priceless gift of Humility.
(By the way the root word of humility is teachable...isn't that lovely)? And so are you as I bow to you silently from my computer--Namaste!

"For a long time, I've wondered why I felt like bowing when people showed their appreciation for the work that I've been privileged to do. It's been a kind of natural response to a feeling of great gratitude. What I've come to understand is that we who bow are probably--whether we know it or not--acknowledging the presence of the sacred. We're bowing to the sacred in our neighbor."

Comments