#34 Sometimes not getting what you want is a stroke of Great Luck


Recently I gave this "handout" to some of my students at a long-term treatment center that I am privileged to work at. I thought it might be an interesting "blog." It was certainly telling for me when I did it.
REMEMBER NOT GETTING WHAT YOU WANT IS SOMETIMES A STROKE OF GREAT LUCK 1A) Think back on your life and remember an occurrence when you really wanted something or someone and could not get that thing or person. And afterwards you REALLY thanked your lucky stars and or the God of your understanding, that you did not get it. What was it?

1B) After all was said and done, why are you relieved and/or happy that your desire did not come true?
2A) Now think of an event when you did get what you wished for or wanted and it was dreadful. What was it?
2B) Why did you regret that you did receive it and what good, if any, came from it?

Pretty revealing, eh?

Comments